MonkeyVarnish

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Rainy Days and Mondays Cancelled for Two Weeks

Hey Kids! The database job has fried my brain and left me with a compulsion to make lists with tickboxes, and an irrational need to listen to The Carpenters. High time for a HOLIDAY! Have two weeks off and The Great Dan Bashford arrives on Tuesday.

The monster van has had a ridiculously expensive service, and is booked in for a ridiculously expensive temperature gauge repair on Monday. It now features custom-made curtains in suitably horrible orangey-browny-yellowy fabric, and a brown velour sofa bed. Just needs nasty carpet.

Hope get out of Auckland sharpish and have a little jaunt around the North Island, taking in glow-wormy caves, hot springs, a bit of walking and maybe rafting and things. Tis all dependent on cash, hangovers and van reliability tho.

If Dan’s got a camera, I might be able to post some pics.


Cheerio

Karen and Richard, yesterday

2 Comments:

  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger dan said…

    Shoogs, I am not travelling quite lidderally half way around the world to listen to the carpenters in Mr T's van. I dont know though, have you got your guitar crazy fool, should I drink a glass of milk from howlin mad murdock before boarding the flight?

    I love it when a plan comes together

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger marvin said…

    Have a great time chaps. play a burst of the boatman for me. marv. no innuendo intended

     

Post a Comment

<< Home